Center for International Environmental Law (CIEL)
To accomplish its mission, CEIL provides legal assistance, promote advocacy on environmental issues, and undertakes policy analysis of international environmental responses to issues of concern. CEIL’s major issues of concern are divided into seven major areas:
1. Biodiversity (Biodiversity)
2. Chemicals (Chemicals)
3. Climate Change (Climate Change)
4. Human rights and the environment (Human Rights)
5. International Financial Institution (Financial)
6. Law and communities (Communities)
7. Trade and sustainable development (Trade)
CEIL maintain online documents related to its research and policy efforts in each of the above areas on it website (for CEIL’s publication index).
CEIL’s website also contains a newsroom related to current issues including those CEIL has recently addressed (CEIL Newsroom). The newsroom has seven major categories which correspond to its major areas of focus: (1) recent news; (2) biodiversity program news; (3) chemical program news; (4) climate change news; (5) human rights and environmental program news; (6) international financial institution news; and (7) law and communities news.