ENVIROFACTS (US EPA Public Data Access)
ENVIROFACTS may be searched by area using the large search box to the left hand side of the page. Alternatively, ENVIROFACTS may be search using the navigation buttons embedded in the box to the right of the page. These navigation buttons create access to the following data.
1. AIR Button: (A) Air Facility System information concerning pollution in the US; (B) UV Index data; (C) Greenhouse gas emissions data.
2. Waste Button: (A) The Hazardous Waste Biennial Report (BR) includes data on the generation, management and minimization of hazardous waste; (B) CERCLIS (see this entry for more information, CERCLA); (C) RCRAinfo or data from the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (see, RCRA).
3. Facility Button: (A) The Facility Registry System (FRS) to identify locations/facilities subject to environmental regulation; (B) Facility Registry System Organization search which allows a search for organizations rather than facilities.
4. Land Button: (A) The Hazardous Waste Biennial Report (BR) includes data on the generation, management and minimization of hazardous waste; (B) the Brownfield Cleanup data; (C) CERLIS (see 2 (B) above); (D) the Cleanup database; (E) RCRAinfo (see 2 (C) above).
5. Toxins Button: (A) Pollution Prevention Data related to the Pollution Prevention Control Act of 1990; (B) The Toxic Substances Control Act information; (C) the Toxic Release Inventory or TRI (see, TRI); and (D) The TRI Explorer.
6. Compliance Button: (A) access to ECHO data (see, ECHO).
7. Water Button: (A) Information Collection Rule data for water systems serving more than 100,000 people; (B) The Permit Compliance System and Integrated Information Compliance System concerning water pollution discharge permits; (C) Safe Drinking Water Act information.
8. Radiation Button: (A) access the Radiation Information Database, RADinfo; (B) RADnet, for access to more than 200 radiation monitoring sensor station data sources.